CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

18 May 2009

Paris.. the place where you can never possibly be on top of everything.

Le 15 mai 2009

First day of Castles (other than Versailles of course)! We took buses to and from them. The first day we went and walked around Pierrefonds and Chantilly. But I personally think they're much better on the outside. Really though, all of them are better when you just wander through the grounds and look at the outside architecture..

Pierrefonds through a rainy bus window
Chantilly
Chantilly room
Chantilly gallery with Rachel (the other rachel). She is coming to Barcelona with me in the beginning of June! (sorry some of these are sideways! I forgot to turn them.

Le 16 mai 2009


Today we saw Fontainebleau and then Vaux le Vicomte. I'm kind of castled out for a bit I think..
Fontainebleau
This peacock kept coming straight at me!

Vaux le Vicomte
In the rain at Vaux le Vicomte
After getting soaked in mud on a golf cart with crazy driver-rain. Its kind of hard to see here. I should have turned more.


Le 17 mai 2009

Sunday the day of rest, also known as the day where I spend the most time on the metro. I woke up to find a curious little 7 year-old walking aimlessly around the house. I started talking to him and we talked for a long time. He was so cute, and it was really fun to get to know a little french boy. His name is Constantin- he asked for my number so he could call me in the US? :) He also ate a lot of my favorite french candy, stole my crayon a pencil (mechanical pencil, dropped my camera and tried to use his lacking Karate skills on me. Then we got in a heated debeat over whether dragons or airplanes are cooler. (I'm reading Eragon in French and he is reading a book on airplanes) All in all, I was glad to have more interaction with the French people.

Oh and exciting news! I was in Sunday school class and the teacher asked anyone if they would teach next weeks lesson bc they don't have anyone called for the position currently. He asked everyone one by one if they would teach, he also asked Emily S. She initially said no, but then turned to me feeling guilty and said that she'd do it if we taught together.. so I'm teaching sunday school next week in the Versailles ward in Paris, France- In French. Its "etablissez... une maison de Dieu" so basically it is about the temples (establish a house of god). Any quotes you think I should say? any thing? I would love all the help I could get with this one.
Constantin et moi.

2 comments:

Nelson said...

Look at the talk by Pres. Benson in the May 1987 ensign (conference edition). This is the quote he gives, "Now, by virtue of the sacred priesthood in me vested, I invoke the blessings of the Lord upon the Latter-day Saints and upon good people everywhere.
[...]
I promise you that, with increased attendance in the temples of our God, you shall receive increased personal revelation to bless your life as you bless those who have died." The talk is entitled the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. As far as I know this blessings has never been revoked.

katy said...

Your room and the little French boy are so so cute!

You will definitely get 'chateau-ed' out before you're through with Europe. However wasn't the optical illusion garden at Vaux le Vicomte amazing?!

I would totally be a gardener if they let you do stuff like that.

Did they tell you the story about how the owner, Fouquet, hired the greatest artists and architects to build the house? Then held a party and invited the King. The King thought the house was to grand and had him arrested. I thought it was a pretty cool story...also I did a project on it for one of my French classes so I remember it :)